January 29, 2015

broken things

God uses broken things. It takes broken soil to produce a crop, broken clouds to 
give rain, broken grain to give bread, broken bread to give strength. 
It is the broken alabaster box that gives forth perfume. 
It is Peter, weeping bitterly, who returns to greater power than ever. - VH


the other day I came across that quote and was blessed. Often I struggle to be okay to be okay with my past, my mistakes, the broken things in my life. I struggle to move on, to continue on. "I make such a mess, why would God want to use me?" I ask myself. "What good am I if all I do is make bigger mistakes?" It binds me. 

But God....God uses the broken things. He makes them whole. He uses them. He makes them beautiful.


You make beautiful things out of dust...You make beautiful things out of us. - Gungor

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I am so thankful HE does us use us, broken pieces and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! thank you for coming by!

    ReplyDelete