February 5, 2015

currently - 2.2015

I've seen these posts on other blogs and while I'm really not trying to copycat, I do love the springboard these ideas give me and the small glimpses of life they let you see of others.

Where did January go? For a month that started out looking calm it turned crazy and full! But it was filled with fun times with friends, planning, work and memories. 




heartingthese gorgeous flowers from my man (to celebrate one year since we got engaged!) #marriedliferocks

pinningfilling it up with all sorts of recipes I want to try. Tried 4 in January and we loved them all. Finding healthy yummy recipes just makes me happy. I'm always looking for crock pot ideas for the days I work. This month I so want to try this.

eating - these cookies. Healthy, full of good fats and oh my!

anticipating a dear friend coming to visit this weekend. I am so happy! hello coffee, long talks and seeing this beautiful woman! and February travels. There is some fun ahead!

reading - Favorites of Jan were Mended (Angie Smith) and Life is Mostly Edges (Calvin Miller - this guy can write!) Already diving into ones for this month. I have lots of deep books and autobiographies but I'm looking for a few good new novels. Any suggestions?

and an extra - 

planning - my blog redo. So many thoughts and ideas running around and lots of studying to figure out how to do it. It will be a work in progress for sure but I love what I'm learning.

Happy Thursday!

linking up with Jenna and Anne 


14 comments:

  1. A currently post! How fun!

    I don't read a lot of novels, but I highly recommend anything by Francine Rivers. Her latest, Bridge to Haven was captivating... I couldn't put it down.

    Sarah
    sarahesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'll have to check those out!

      Delete
  2. What lovely flowers - and a blog update, how fun! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting this! Yes, I'm pretty excited about updating this space. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an amazing weekend to look forward to! And I second Sarah's recommendation of Francine Rivers. Redeeming Love is AMAZING. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for coming by Kelsea! and I will definitely have to look into those books now.

      Delete
  4. Those flowers are so pretty! Happy engagement anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for coming by and hosting the link up Jenna!

      Delete
  5. Loving the "currently" post ... I might just have to steal it! ;)

    Francine Rivers has *so* many *beautiful* stories. I'll be reading the "Voice in the Wind" trilogy soon -- lovely novels about Hadassah, a Hebrew slave in Rome, and her proclamation of Christ in that pagan land. It really is wonderful. Rivers would be considered a "Christian romance novelist" and, when I was younger, I felt that her few romantic descriptions weren't good for me; now that I'm 25, married, and dare I say, a wee bit more mature, I've come to see that romance isn't always bad. Lol. But I thought I would pass that on just so you knew.

    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please do steal it - I think they are such fun posts! and I think I definitely need to check into those books. I love novels from those areas and think I would enjoy it. Thank you for coming by!

      Delete
  6. Married life absolutely rocks!! : ) Thanks so much for commenting on One Bright Corner--I enjoyed the opportunity it gave me to visit your corner. : ) Novels...I'd suggest Ishmael, which is an old one, or Behold the Dawn, which is a contemporary Christian novel that is an easy and riveting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for coming by and thanks for the suggestions! blessings!

      Delete
  7. Aww we celebrate the day we got engaged too! February 7th for us. :) #marriedlifedefinitelyrocks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so fun to celebrate...I mean it's about as close to as life changing as your wedding day as about anything else . :) Thank you for coming by!

      Delete